Realizing the American Dream is the definitive resource for prepurchase homeownership education. Developed by industry experts and relied on by thousands of housing counselors as the basis for their training curriculum, the manual covers the entire homeownership process and supports all the milestones for successful home purchase. More user-friendly than ever, this invaluable publication provides your clients with critical, updated information on credit and mortgage financing practices, as well as key regulatory updates. Specific sections of content include:
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home -- assessing your financial outlook, setting financial vision, making a financial action plan
- Managing Your Money – budgeting and saving
- Understanding Credit – learning about credit related to homeownership, protecting credit and knowing your rights
- Obtaining a Mortgage – how to qualify, understanding the variety of products, accessing assistance and working through the process with a lender
- Shopping for a Home – analyzing the neighborhoods and housing options, working with an agent, making an offer and working through the closing process
- Protecting Your Investment – managing your home and your money after your purchase, understanding refinancing, and avoiding foreclosure
The publication comes complete with template forms and planning tools homeowners can work with hands-on to effectively navigate the often overwhelming homebuying process.
Realizing the American Dream is available in the following versions and languages:
E-book/digital: English, Spanish, French, Vietnamese, traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese
Spiral-bound hard copy: English, Spanish; other languages coming soon!